I am excited to announce the first season of the Tetris 99 Community League! This league will be hosted by MewtwoStruckBack, B0SS_99, and myself, DaddioTV. The league will run for 3 weeks between December 1st and 19th and consist of over 50 games. Prizes will be awarded for a variety of categories that reward both loyal and skilled players. All are welcome and entry is free!
To cap off the season we’ll also be hosting an Invictus Knock-Out Tournament with a $100 grand prize. All league players earn free entry into the tournament.
This is a community lead league, meaning the Twitch hosts will change from night to night. You don’t have to play every game or even every night, but you must complete at least 20 league games over 3 weeks to qualify for prizes and 10 to qualify for the end of season tournament.
- 2 hours of dedicated league play each session with 6 games guaranteed each session
- Players must sign up for league play by typing !signup followed by their player name in Twitch chat. ex: !signup DaddioTV
- All games will be played in regular Tetris 99 mode
- A countdown will be used before each game in Twitch chat. Players should join the game when seeing 0 in chat. All lobbies with at least 5 league players will count.
- Game results are logged in centralized database after each game (date, host, player, place)
- Real time league standing available at daddio.tv
1 free Twitch sub to the streamer of your choice awarded to the top finishers in the following categories. Players can win multiple categories.
- Most Games Played
- Highest Win Rate
- Most Total Wins
- Most Consistent (lowest average place)
*Must play in at least 20 games to be eligible for prizes. Tournament hosts not eligible for league prizes.
End of Season $100 Invictus Tournament
We’ll be hosting a knock-out style Invictus tournament to end the season on Saturday, December 19th at 9 pm CST. Entry is free for all league players who have completed at least 10 games.
- Tournament players must sign up using by typing !entry followed by their player name in Twitch chat. ex: !entry DaddioTV
- Countdowns will be used for Invictus lobbies to ensure all players can enter the same match
- Host reserves the right to re-initiate countdown if less than 20 seconds remain on initial lobby countdown
- At the end of each Invictus match, all players finishing in the bottom half of the player pool will receive a strike
- For example, if 40 players enter the initial game, the players finishing in the bottom 20 rank amongst tournament players will receive a strike. Note that actual placement matters less than your placement compared to other tournament players.
- Players are allowed 1 free strike before being eliminated from the tournament.
- Elimination will continue until 1 player remains
- Last player standing wins $100 cash (payable via Venmo or PayPal)
Spread the Word!
Recruiting others to join the league and tournament is appreciated. If this first season goes well, we can consider expanding to include additional days and time slots to accommodate even more players across the globe!